Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fan Mail!

This kind of stuff gets me pumped up a little bit...
Ben,
Still an addicted reader of your fascinating blog. Congratulations on completing your first year of teaching. IMHO, your decision to pull up stakes and begin a new vocation thousands of miles from home was presented challenges and risks that most would not take due to the fear of failure and the personal costs that are a boon companion of failure.
I probably cannot comprehend the difficulties you encountered trying to relate to and teach teenagers growing up in an environment so dissimilar to the suburban culture we grew up in (actually, I am not sure if Hazel Park would be classified a suburban or Appalachian culture) although I am sure many pains and pleasures of adolescence are universally shared.
In reading the blog, it seems as if you are going to return to Alaska for year 2 so I look forward to reading the blog when the new school year begins. But, whatever choice you make, I hope that when you kick back and enjoy the Summer, you take the time to congratulate yourself.

A nice note from my friend, Bob Lipak. Thank you, and I hope to see you this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment