Monday, May 3, 2010

Is It Friday Yet?

Oof da. What a day. The kids were in rare form today. My co-teacher said that it was the worst that she had seen them since fall. I kind of had to agree. Spring is here, and distraction is in the air. Oh, well. Two more Mondays to go. Not bad, all things considered...

We went for a walk tonight, and the air was fresh and crisp. I like that about this place. It felt good to get out and stretch my legs. I got the second half of a movie called "Red Cliff," which I had watched down at the NYO tournament with one of my students, and he and I started watching it after school this afternoon. He had been bugging me for a couple of weeks wondering when it was going to get here. Not too many high school kids want to sit through a five-hour, two-part Chinese movie with subtitles about a battle that took place in 200 A.D. It was kinda fun to share it with someone.

Many intrigues and maneuverings at the school these days, and I won't say much except that it makes for very interesting conversation. Up to a point. Past that it becomes mostly idle speculation, which gets dull after a while, even if it is one of the main forms of entertainment around here. Prom is coming up on Friday night, which means that I need to get my shirt and tie out of cold storage. Graduation is the following Friday. Time to wrap it up.

The ice is apparently still good on the river, although how long it will last is the other main subject for speculation here. I feel a slight temptation for a Bethel run, although it isn't that strong. There will be plenty of time for socializing when we return to Cadillac. I am getting more comfortable with that as time goes on. It will be nice to see old friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment