Saturday, May 8, 2010

The River Is Closed...

Or so I hear. The troopers usually put the word out that it is no longer safe to travel, and apparently they have done so today. We heard that it was open upstream at Aniak, and the temperatures have been warm. I am also told that the little bit of ice chatter that I have been hearing in recent days does not begin to compare to the sound that breakup makes. I keep looking and listening, but so far, nothing. I am waiting anxiously.

This does make travel tricky for the next two weeks. We will be kind of isolated until the river gets open enough to allow for boat travel. We can have food shipped in in a pinch, but we have a pretty good store of supplies for the moment, and I doubt that we will need to have anything flown over, unless it might be ice cream. Of course, we can always hit the store if it is absolutely "necessary," by which I mean an indulgence.

Time now to go and upoad some prom pix...

No comments:

Post a Comment