Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Is Nearly Upon Us

10:20 at night looks like 4 pm on a winter afternoon. We are trying to get in a little last minute napping before the services start at 11:30. The Pascha bread has been frosted and decorated and transported to the church several hours ago. I need to shave and shower. I think that I will even put on a tie, seeing how people dress up for the holiday. It is good to contemplate the new spring and the resurrection of life in the North. I read reports on Facebook of swan sightings around here, which means that spring is certainly arriving. It is especially pleasant to contemplate the fact that we have two more days off in which to enjoy the holiday.

Easter this year is much later than it was last, and the path to the church seems to demand mud boots. Many deep puddles exist. Ah, the traditional Easter mud boot-I sure do love the good old Muck Boot Company! They are a great thing to have at this time of year.

We plan on making tomorrow a "work" day. I have some forms to fill out for the senior trip that need to be done, and I need to finish my submissions for AKT2-most of my compatriots have done with it already, and I need to join them.

I hope that all of my readers have a very happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment