Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not Sure...



...what to say about it. My masters in Juneau have left a Friday present of sorts on my doorstep, much like the classic flaming bag, and I am trying to figure out how to extinguish it without too much splatter. I want to express my heartfelt thanks for all of the support and love for the past couple of years. It just wouldn't have been the same without that.

We are doing fundraising again this weekend-juniors yesterday, and seniors this afternoon. More "I (heart) PKA t-shirts have been ordered, and now is the time to place your orders, should you feel the desire to support our little senior trip project. I am wearing mine even as I type this to show my full-time devotion to the cause. They are actually nice shirts and pretty sharp looking to boot. If you want one, leave a message at blhicok@gmail.com. 20 bucks and you get to support the class of 2011.

So much for wanton hucksterism. The weather continues, and I have been hearing some conflicting reports concerning river travel. There are reports of 20' wide overflow pools between 2' and 5' feet deep, suggestions that taking a 4-wheeler up the ice was heart-stopping, and the suggestion from Joe yesterday that the ride was "good." I am confused, and I guess that we will try to sort this out today, I hope without swamping the family transportation. I suspect that some of the question will depend upon the tide levels when we go, and that suggests a topic for research...

Testing concluded yesterday, although I heard a suggestion that one more test may yet have to be administered to our unwilling victims. I have received my cultural week assignment, which apparently involves the shop and the construction of ulu knives. Somewhere my dad is laughing at the idea of me in a shop, but I think that it will be fun, and I hope to actually maybe make one of my own. We will see if the situation will allow for that. It will be a week of insulated overalls for me, which is just fine, because the things are handy. I might even consider picking up another pair this summer.

Finally, some of my kids ran in the K300 Junior Classic, a sled dog race for kids ages 13-17. I thought that it would be fun to post a picture that ran in the local paper showing the competitors. My goons are the second, fourth and fifth from the left, respectively. Congratulations, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment