Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Lovely Easter Thus Far...

Stayed up too late, and got up too early, but naps will help...Easter service was a marvel..all of the kids in their finery, Alexei in his tux and bowtie...the shouts of "Christ Is Risen!" Definitely a spirit-lifter if ever you needed such a thing. It is noon and I am hearing stirrings of life outside in the village. I suspect that many people did not hit their beds until 6 am or so...I am sure that the priests did not make it until at least then.

Today will be low-keyed and productive in a quiet way. We need to start packing this place up for moving at the end of the school year. This year, it will be real, not a false alarm as it was for the past two years. Three and a half weeks, roughly to go before that is a necessity. Time to get after it...

1 comment:

  1. I know it wasn't that productive but it was nice and I'm so happy that I got to spend it with you. I'm glad I got to experience such a beautiful service with you.
    Love you wife, chelsea

    ReplyDelete