Friday, May 20, 2011

Done, almost...

The kids have been gone since yesterday. We are in the slow slog of cleaning up, checking out, and packing up. I got a few totes hauled over today and they are stored in the gym. The room (mine, now) is empty, and all of the desks are stacked and the bookshelves are covered. I have made up the lists of my future goals and the things that need to be fixed. Joe says we will steam one more time this weekend before I head out to Anchorage. I went over there last night and he and I sat around between rounds in the steam room and shaved our heads. Pretty funny.

I saw our SBA scores, and they were pretty much what I expected. I had a couple of nice surprises, and no awful shocks. I hope that I have not screwed any one's young life up too much, at least not for the time being. It feels surprising to realize that the second year of this endeavor has passed, and that I will start my third year in August.

Now we will get serious about getting the rest of this place in totes, and I need to finish off with AKT2 this weekend, although I have until the 31st. I hope to get together with some of those folks during my upcoming sojourn in Anchorage. Summer vacation-it's just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment