Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where Did We Leave Off?

To begin with, I am hideously out of it this morning-barely functional. I keep waking up at 4:30 or so, and I am missing the village and my friends back home. For reasons that I do not wish to contemplate, I have locked myself out of my hotel room on two out of the last three days. My head seems to be stuck in a dark place, and it could use some light and fresh air.

It is, fortunately, a beautiful, sunny day today. I hope to make some use of it at some point. We are in class until 4:30, and I am committed to a trip to Wal-Mart with one of our residents who came into town with me. I also need to work on finishing my remaining two submissions for AKT2. My hope is that I can get that stuff done today, and free up some time tomorrow for skylarking around out in the fresh air after we finish.

Since the last post on this thing, I have helped get as much of the house packed up as we could on Sunday and Monday. Naps kept creeping into the picture, as we found ourselves sleepy at the strangest hours of the day for no discernible reason. I think it is kind of a catch-up kind of thing.

Tuesday was the day for my egress to Anchorage, along with one of the clutch of dogs that call us feeders and walkers. That was the germ of the adventure that was to be my day on Tuesday...more about that in a later post. We (the dog and I) made it to the airport in PKA in one piece and on time. That was the beginning of the end of easy for that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment