Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Adventures In Anchorage...

I mentioned that I was originally in Anchorage for a class that I need to renew my Alaska teaching license. Before I left, I was contacted by the AKT2 program, which is how I got the license in the first place. They are introducing a new group of candidates to the classroom segments of the program for the next few weeks in Anchorage. Several of the members of the first class, including me, were asked to come and talk about the realities of the teaching life in Rural Alaska. It was nice to see some of my comrades from 2009. We spent a couple of hours answering questions and trying to be as helpful as we could be. With any luck, we were of some service to this group. I think that the three grizzled veterans enjoyed the interaction with this year's rookie class.

I finished the class on Friday, and completed making submissions to finish my AKT2 portfolio. Saturday brought the invasion of the Napaskiak senior class of 2011. Tomorrow we are off to Seward to ride on a boat and see what we can see. Today started out with a little shopping. I hope that everyone is enjoying themselves, and who knows, they may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment