Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Morning Post...

I often do these at the end of the day, but the morning's events are unfolding slowly, so now is as good a time as any.

We are nearly at the end of our first week of school after break. Fridays are a half day with students, even though we spend the afternoon in improvement activities. This weekend will be a little different, as we have a scheduled work day on Saturday. This is for the express purpose of giving us time to finish grades for the last semester. Mine are done for the most part, so I will focus on lesson planning. I figure this week I am getting paid for aspects of my job that I perform on my own time other weeks.

I also have some time to prepare sub plans for the person who will replace me next week while I take two high school students to Bethel for a student leadership conference of some type. This would ordinarily be my wife's thing, but she has sworn off sleeping in classrooms on air mattresses for the duration of her pregnancy. That leaves me, I suppose.

As for the pregnancy front, my bride is in Anchorage today for the monthly doctors' consultations. We may actually have a scheduled birth event by the end of the day. We have a scheduled pregnancy, if you will. Not our choice, but that is ok, too. We are just waiting for the little fella or girl to get out and start disrupting our sleep from this side of the womb. She/he has already been doing a fairly good job of that from his/her current location. More on this later.

And now the day begins in earnest. Time to prepare for the day. Here's hoping it will be a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment