Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gray and Chilly...

Not a felicitous combination. It isn't really all that cold as things sometimes go around here, but it sure is gray. Kind of reminds me of Michigan winters, and those don't appeal that strongly to me. It is often much colder at this time of year, but that is in turn accompanied by beautiful and brilliant sunshine. This stuff looks like a faded bruise.

On a plus note, it isn't -30 every night. That gets to be harsh after a while.

I have checked out the weather forecast for the next week or so, and it appears that it is going to be warmer than usual. I suspect that a grocery store run is going to be in order by Friday. Warm temps. low chance of precipitation. We shall see how well that holds.

Lesson plans are nearly complete for next week's return to school. Two days of social studies is all that stands between me and completion. This is going to be the longest break available for a while, so I might as well enjoy it, although writing lesson plans is not the same drudge that it once was. I type faster and understand what I am trying to accomplish better. It still is not what I would call fun, but I can deal with it.

My wife is lurking somewhere in the building. Once it gets to be one o'clock in the afternoon, I suppose it will be time for a trip to the post office. Last I heard, there were still no stamps in town, even though the postmaster ordered them in November. Some days...

1 comment:

  1. This week is also above normal temps for NW Mo. We have had only a little snow this year and really need the moisture before spring. We are in a drought, it was dry and HOT last summer. As I stated earlier in a comment I have been reading for a long time and decided it was unfair of me to be a lurker and not comment on how much I enjoy your post. I would love to visit or move to Alaska, it is my dream vacation or destination. Thanks for taking the time to blog. Kelly

    ReplyDelete