Wednesday, January 30, 2013

That Was Quick...

Wednesday already. The weekend was pretty uneventful, although it is nice when we have two days to recover from the work week. That is a pretty relative statement, as I understand that many people have to work seven days a week, and it should also be understood that we work on weekends even when there is no scheduled presence required in the building.

Our reality is that even the stress-free (?) days are busy. I teach an after-school program three days a week with bunches of kids and a fair amount of management involved. By five o' clock, I am ready for a breather, and my day is not generally finished yet. It is just plain nice to sleep in a little bit and to be able to get things done on my own schedule on the weekends. It will be a welcome change of pace to have that choice available this weekend.

I am starting a diet competition with some friends this week. Heavens knows it is overdue. The program is called "Game On," and it involves a competition. The focus is on behavioral changes as opposed to simple weight loss. That sounds like a good idea. We will see how it works.

Parent conferences begin today. I am pretty blocked out for the next two days, as I think that I have the largest class in the school. We encourage the kids to come in to present their own work and discuss their progress with their parents. It has been pretty successful, and we have gotten pretty good participation in the junior high. I will be curious to see how the turnout goes this time.

Now, for math class...

No comments:

Post a Comment