Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Want To Sleep...

It is amazing how many of the walking wounded are walking around these parts, this early in the semester. We have one feverish, one still congested (who hasn't recovered from before the break), and various and sundry other ailments. I am feeling comparatively fortunate to only be suffering from a fairly constant level of exhaustion upon arrival home from work. I am not sure what is causing it, but it is not my usual state of being. All I want to do tonight is get the dishes done, finish this post, and fall into bed.

It is probably a combination of jet lag, picking up my personal pace because of the renewed activity of teaching school, and a reaction to increased exercise levels. Either that, or mononucleosis. Whichever it is, I suspect that it will either pass, or kill me. Not to worry.

I am awfully glad to be back, and awfully glad that tomorrow is already Thursday. I can already smell the weekend, and the prospect of a trip to Bethel has already been dangled before me. How can I resist? The K300, one of the major dog racing events in the state, and certainly the biggest one around here that I know of, begins on Friday night. It might be nice to go up and check it out, but we have a long in-service that will run until Friday at about the same time that the first teams are scheduled to go of. Besides, we have to be back in the morning to finish the rest of the session. Maybe next year.

For now, I need rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment