Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Much Betta...

As in that is much more like it...I had a little chat (well, several) with m'kiddies today, and explained in detail exactly what I expected from them and even spent a little time with the why of it as well. It seemed to work pretty well. It might be for an hour, or for a day, but I am glad that I took the step, and it seemed to help me form a tighter bond in some ways.

The mentors are here, and that takes up more of my evening, but it is nice to have company as a change of pace, and I got my evening exercise in anyway, albeit at 9:00. Tomorrow will be another day with company, although I am not sure to what extent they will be with my counterpart in the 5/6 classroom.

This was one of those rewarding days that you hear about in the popular imagination, but not in the "Oh My God" breakthrough way. It was enough to relieve me of my currently building annoyance with AKT2 and its ways. Silly, silly...if only they knew how they are loved in the hinterlands...but the work is the important thing, as I am beginning to see more clearly all the time. If it just wasn't such a damn grind sometimes. Of course, that may be part of what makes it worth it....

No comments:

Post a Comment