Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Warm Spell...

It has finally gotten above zero degrees Fahrenheit this morning. When we first arrived, it got down to -21, which is not a record by any means around here, but it is cold. The thermometer has been climbing steadily since then, and it is currently three degrees over at the Bethel airport, which is only about four miles away. Breakfast is cooking in the oven, and coffee is nearly ready.

Last night was still a busy one, with multiple bathroom trips (three plus liters of water will do that), but I did get a better night's sleep on the whole. It is already Wednesday, which leads me to the good news/bad news reporting for the week. Bad news: we have six day work weeks this week and next. Good news: the 29th is the last scheduled work Saturday for the rest of the school year. Bad news: the 29th is the last day that we will get paid for working on Saturday. On and on it goes...

My main goal for this semester, aside from triumphing in the competition that my bride and I have going, is to have more fun doing this. It is a serious job, and needs to be taken seriously, but I feel the need for a better balance. That will be the challenge. I am trying to use my time more wisely and efficiently, and my hope is that will lead to less stress overall. We shall see if it works...

No comments:

Post a Comment