Saturday, December 18, 2010

Changed Plans

We went up to Saturday Market as planned. The visibility was tricky for me, so I left the driving to my better half. I cannot ride with my glasses on, because they fog (or ice)up, and I cannot see the difference between the snow and fog very well without them. On our way back, the fog had increased, and my goggles iced up entirely. Getting back was a challenge.

We had intended to return this afternoon, and things had gotten briefly clearer. However, the fog came back, perhaps even thicker, in the past half hour. We decided that a party, however pleasant, was simply not worth the peril. It will be a quiet evening, with a little local visiting thrown in, for good effect. Fun is nice, but safety is important, and things can get tricky quickly out here. Our best wishes to all our friends in Bethel tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment