Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wooosh...

Many tasks have been accomplished, some are still left to be done...we have the Christmas pageant tonight. We washed two totes full of laundry yesterday in preparation, and I think that the emergency lesson planning is complete. I even turned in three assignments for my multicultural course. Hell, I even got the responses back from the instructors already!

Today is the day to put away the snow machine-I will have the chance to do it before it gets dark. I don't believe that the lights in the storage building work. Of course, I can always use the nifty little headlamp that my sweetie got me after the "no flashlight" goof-up of a few weeks ago. I believe that we have the electronics just about squared away-some of them are going into secure storage-I do not feel like supplying thieves with them as we did a year ago. I am hopeful that the presence of neighbors here will discourage that sort of activity in our absence.

There is a full day of class today and a half tomorrow. That is all. Of course, sometimes those can seem to be very long. The kids are a little unfocused and antsy. All that any of us want to be is on holiday break. I am sure that we will get through it.

I am very happy with several of my kids, who have been helping with preparing the backdrops for the Christmas pageant. They are showing me some nice signs of maturity.

If I must sum up, and it seems to be a human failing, I would say that I am pleased overall with the way things have gone in the first semester. There is, of course, room for improvement and growth. But I am at a much different place than I was last year at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment