Monday, December 13, 2010

One More Monday..

Aggravating morning, promising afternoon...some days it is like that. Besides, any Monday that has promise in it is very good indeed. And there is only one left to go. Not bad.

My tykes are probably struggling to focus on anything more substantial than getting out for the holidays, and I understand-I am having the same problem. Somehow we got through the day without any lasting damage, and some of them stayed to help with the Christmas pageant decorations. They really love me after the school day is over...funny, huh? It's like my wife says-at least they love you some of the time. Can't complain about that.

So we are down to, as a friend put it recently, "7 more alarm clock rings!" I certainly like the sound of that. My kids are ready for a break from me, most likely. Sort of. I mentioned the break today after school to one of them and she cheered, and said, "But you will be coming back." She tried to look disappointed, but she was smiling...on to tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment