Friday, December 3, 2010

That One's Done...

Another week in LKSD history...we are now on the verge of the PD part of the day's program, and the day was good. My smart board and my computer are now working more or less consistently together, which enabled me to get students up out of their seats and involved in their learning while being physically active. The board gives me a wonderful piece of equipment for that sort of thing, and the kids learn stuff without realizing it. Ha ha-stealth education!

We get to make the run to Bethel this afternoon with the dogs for a visit to the veterinarian for their shots and papers. The weather is kind of sketchy looking, but I believe that it can likely be done. I hope so, at least. After an evening's rest, I must prepare for a week of enforced bachelorhood at the hands of the Rose Urban-Rural Exchange program. My sweetie will be taking a group of our kids to Fairbanks to spend the week with our sister school there. I will be lonely, but I know that it gives the students a chance at experience that they would not otherwise have.

The semester grinds on toward its inevitable conclusion and the blessed Christmas break. I see little glimmers of hope and change among my students. It is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment