Saturday, December 4, 2010

On and Off...

The river was in pretty good shape for our trip to Bethel. Even the on and off, which usually involves water and high speed, was pretty simple. The dogs are in good shape, and are inoculated for another year. They even have their travel papers. I discussed Buddha's occasional seizure activity with the vet. I am not yet at the stage where I will begin giving him phenobarbital, as the seizures are not frequent or chronic. He has been doing this sporadically for the past year or so, but the seizures have all been short in duration. I don't like them, but they are not as frightening as they were at first, and he seems to be none the worse for wear afterwards.

I am getting ready for a quiet week, where I can catch up on some of the things that I have to catch up on. Not so much school work as outside stuff. Classes, AKT2, and stuff like that. I am, quite frankly, tired of both, but I have no choice at this point but to finish. Neither is adding anything of value to my life or my experience out here, but the rules must be followed, or consequences will follow. I am beginning to loathe the word "consequence." Just another empty educationese buzz word.

But it is Saturday, and the snow is lovely and can be traversed, and I am loved, and I can go and ride either my bike or the sno-go or both in a few hours. Mostly, I am debating about making that first cup of coffee for the day right now. It is early in the morning in Alaska, America, and we send you good day greetings...

No comments:

Post a Comment