Monday, August 17, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! It's The First Day of School!!!!!!!!

Oboy, oboy! It's here today! Or more accurately, it was here today!! The first day of school!! What fun!

We started the day out with two or three power failures in the village, which made getting organized that much more fun. I told my junior high students that today's vocabulary word was "improvise." There was an assembly that was long and hot. This pretty well shot the first two class periods. Then I have my high school reading and writing for two periods. Time to walk the tightrope. I did the thing where I let them interview me. We will then compare the results to the first poem in Out of The Dust.

The junior high kids actually did pretty well during the assembly, and I was proud of them. It was tough to be crammed in there, and it was hot as well.

My high school reading and writing is a little tough, but they did want to participate in reading the book, and interviewing me for their writing assignment.

After lunch is easier. I've got a math assist, a prep period, and a quick silent read before I go back to the high school for Alaska studies. I think that one will be my late day salvation.

Anyway, I got through the first day. Only 179 school days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment