Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Weekend Is Mine!!! (sort of)...


MMMMM...Saturday morning.....coffee...breakfast....catching up on the phone w/friends and loved ones...oh, s---, LESSON PLANS???? Oh well, everything is relative, temporary, and fleeting. The sun is out, despite the weather forecast that says mostly cloudy, and it's a nice day for a stroll to the post office. I went to steam with the fellas last night, and that was fun for sure. We had a new visitor (at least to me), and he proved to be an extremely lively conversationalist (a change of pace) and very funny. Post-steam, yummy tacos...a good night's sleep...mmmm..


Now it's morning, and time to deal with the world. We need to have a meeting of the high school language arts department (two people) to discuss the SBA reading and writing scores and how we can address some fundamental shortcomings in student understanding. I need to write lesson plans in the next two days for the upcoming week. At some point this week, I will want to plan for the short week after Labor Day, because I will be in Anchorage over the holiday weekend. My first focus is going to be how to place all of this in some sort of organizational framework. For my first week here, I was doing a lot of reacting. Last week, I started to try to get out ahead of events, with better success as the week went on. My next goal is to sit back and come up with a long range set of targets and goals.


It is a challenge, but it is one that is beginning to interest me, not intimidate me. I see that as a hopeful sign. This might turn out to be fun after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment