Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Still Better...Hmmm...

Two good days in a row. Doesn't mean it was two easy ones. Something turned my head and my attitude around. I've been rockin' and sockin' em for two days straight. I know that may not seem like much to you, but it means a lot to me. I didn't have two good days in a row last week. I'm not sure yet that I had two good days.

I think it was just Betty telling me that I was heading in the right direction. It doesn't have to be perfect. I can need improvement. I know that I need improvement. That's ok. I just need to have an idea that I'm not totally lost. That positive reinforcement can be hard to come by with a classroom of rowdy, cynical kids. They have seen a lot of people come and go through here, and I can see why they are that way. I just hope that with a dedicated crew that we can make some sort of impact in some of their lives. This is a real tough beat. I have great respect for those who make it out here.

And all of you should, too. 'Cause like I told someone else last night, "If you ain't here, you don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment