Thursday, August 20, 2009

All That, and Cashews??

Class photos, mandated writing assignments, and parent-teacher conferences-WOW what a busy day. My cold has shaken hands and settled in comfortably to stay for a few days. There's no particular good reason to or method of shutting myself off and feeling sorry for myself, so I might as well work...the laundry is done and put away, and it's about 10:00 PM-time for a little reading before bed. I'm finishing "The Dynamite Boys," an account of the Atomic Energy Commission's plan to detonate nuclear weapons in the Arctic in the name of peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Didn't work out for them, but the story makes for a good read. Seems like they thought they could muscle over a group of Inuits living in a very isolated area. They were wrong. What a shame...

No comments:

Post a Comment