Saturday, March 27, 2010

6:30!!!

On my day off...this is why I fail to understand fishing as a "recreational" activity. The lure (!) of getting up EARLIER than you do when you have a day off is exactly....? So here we are, it's Saturday, which should be a sleep-in day, and we are up awaiting coffee, EARLIER than we do on a work day. The answer to this is "we have to." The District Office awaits me at 8:00 am, for a day of multicultural enrichment activities, which is to say, Yup'ik stuff. When I think about it for a minute, it strikes me as pretty monocultural, actually. Not to worry. It's usually good and valuable stuff, and I always enjoy it, and I think that it's all pretty handy to know. I just wonder about the nomenclature.

One of the interesting things about today will be the drive up the river. We have Joe's truck, because he borrowed our snowmachine to go to a funeral in Chefornak. There is apparently not a truck trail to Chefornak because of its location. So we get to drive his truck on the river. All of this will have to start happening pretty soon. I hope to post some photos from Cama-i tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment