Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Good Steam...

...and long overdue. I had not been in for one in several weeks, due to conflicting schedules and confusion. I wasn't in a heroic mood, so there will be no heroic tales. It did, however, feel good. Really good. Father Victor, our other resident priest in the village, was there. He was very interested in my tattoos. Joe offered by way of response that he liked to cook alligators. For those not in the know, I have a large alligator tatooed on my right leg. Pretty funny. I won't tell the story about the guy that asked Joe why he didn't have a thermometer in the hot room.

It's now Sunday, there is a pure blue sky out the window, it is a balmy -18, and I hear that muffins are in the offing. About time that those damn muffin pans got used. (They are always in the way!) We will need to do some lesson planning, and I need to file a bunch of papers and tests that my kids have done. The rest of the day is open as far as I can tell. Tomorrow is an inservice day, and I am leaving for the art retreat on either Thursday evening or Friday morning. It may depend on the NCAA brackets. My school is in the tournament, and I would like to watch the game if I get a chance to do so.

There are now less than ten weeks to go in the school year. At least two will be taken up with testing and culture week. I am actually getting closer to getting through my first year. For a long time, I looked at it from a survival point of view. Now, I am thinking about what kind of group we will have next year, and how I would change things up from the way that I am currently doing it. There will be a new math curriculum in place in the fall, and new reading texts are in the offing for junior high. I start some new training of my own this week, and I need to get set up to take at least one of the courses that I need to maintain my license. It will be a busy and exciting time. I didn't think I would make it through the year at one time. Now, I am looking toward the future. Funny how time slips away...

No comments:

Post a Comment