Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Feeling Better (Kinda)...

My cold is still here, but it is not so bad-I can live with it. Betty, my mentor, left this afternoon, and we had our first day of parent-teacher conferences. My students are picking up the pace and seem to be doing better. I am hoping that we can still make some significant progress by the end of the year. The testing Holy Week is next week, and the Orthodox Holy Week (the real thing) is this week. I have two more days of classes this week, because we have Good Friday off.

I am hopeful for the future, and am beginning to have a better vision for what I hope to accomplish next year. One of the things that I am doing is taking a college class on data collection and use. My plan is to have a better handle on what needs my kids have at the end of this school year and the beginning of the next, so that I can tailor my classes to their needs better. This year has been mostly about survival. I want next year to be about moving forward to be better for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment