Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Hate Being a Cliche, But...

So, the dreaded first-year teacher syndrome has struck again. Some sort of respiratory virus has apparently been flying around out here. It is not the flu. If it is what I caught, and it sounds as if the symptoms are similar, it has proven to be especially difficult for infants. I am not going into a description, but two nights in a row of fever and chills convinced me to spend the greater part of the past 24 hours sleeping.

I have lost track of the number of colds that I have had this year, but I would put the number at around five. There have been two bouts of GI unpleasantness, one of which put me in the hospital. Enough, already. I had managed to go for several months without catching anything, but have had three illnesses since we got back after Christmas.

I hope that this will be the end of that nonsense. There are lots of activities going around this week, and it frankly sucks to be on the sideline. Contracts have been handed out for next year, and I have one in my possession. Now I have a few things to think about. Everyone is invited to offer their opinions: do I come back, or not? Maybe I should put it up to a vote amongst my students...

No comments:

Post a Comment