Friday, March 5, 2010

Sleeping In Is Fun!

Ohhh, nice...we slept in until 9 am this morning...ah, rest! Sounds goofy coming from someone who has been sleeping for huge chunks of time for the past several days, doesn't it?? It's just the way it is...so restful not to have any obligations for a little while...then comes the knock on the door, the frantically barking dogs-it's one of the Eielson kids-we had told them to come to the school at 10 am for breakfast. Reality intrudes...my darling has presented me with a new sinkful of dishes, wondering innocently..."isn't it my job?"...ahhhh, life in the Bush. It feels good to be part of it again. For all of the difficult challenges, being sick removes me from the flow of life around here, and that feels very isolated. I probably do complain about things too much, but I still want to be a part of all of the things that vex me. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment