Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back At It...

At the end of a busy weekend and the start of a busy week. I got the Empress and the kids last night, which involved two runs up and down the river. Although the path to the river was less than desirable, the track on the river was amazing. It was flat and fast. We had to go downriver to go north, because the last word that I had was that the slough upstream was not good. I managed to scare the hell out of at least one student by jumping a pressure ridge with a sled in tow. Long story.

Today was time for lesson planning, dog walking and napping, and finally a maqiq this evening at Joe's. Hot. The damn floor was hot. I mean real hot. We were laughing as we winced and yelped. Sometimes when the pour is real hot, you need to get right down on the floor. That was an exercise in misery itself. Adam and I stood aside while the Yup'ik guys went in for a real boiler. They came out looking like lobsters. It was still major fun, and I was glad that I got the call. I will miss this stuff over the summer.

Tomorrow is a classroom day, then I have to figure out how to get to Bethel for two days of training. I also have to figure out where to stay. Of course, if my emails did any good, that issue may already have been addressed by then. Then it's back on Wednesday night, when I have both an AKT2 meeting and a class for three hours. This might be a challenge to juggle...

Less than four weeks to go. I am excited, but also sad at the prospect of leaving. I will miss my students. I will, however, enjoy seeing family and friends again. Not to mention the chance to ride my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment