Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday and Waiting...

For my baby to come home...tomorrow night marks the welcome end of my bachelor week. It hasn't been bad or anything, I am just glad for it to be over.

We are done for the year four weeks from tomorrow. We did more development activities today. I sense a feeling of exhaustion on everybody's part. The end is nigh. Our dean of students and his wife are moving across the river to Oscarville, where he will be the site administrator. Both of them seem happy about the move, and I wish them the best in the new project. That opens up a position here, and much speculation. I suspect that most of the staff are wondering how the new changes will shape up.

I took my kids outside today, and they seemed to enjoy it. It is not as warm as it was a couple of days ago, and they thought it was funny that I showed up in insulated overalls. I thought it was funny when they started complaining about being cold. I told them to bring outside clothes yesterday, and offered them a rain check on the whole project until better weather showed up, but they wanted to go. It was really a beautiful sunny day by the time that we got outside, but just a little on the windy, nippy side. We did see some interesting sites around the village, like the old grave site, and the location of a former qasgiq, or men's house, as well as the location of the old airport.

My goal is to try to get them to see the village from the point of view of a stranger, as well as their own. I plan on having them write about it and hope that they can make that leap. We did some video practice as well, because we are going to try to make some short movies in the next few weeks. They may find that they like it.

Time for bed. I need to get on the bike and my homework in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment