Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It Is 9:55 PM...

...and the sun is slowly sinking on the western horizon. Cool, huh? It is staying light longer and longer every day. We are up to something in excess of sixteen hours of visible light every day. It's not generally dark when we go to bed anymore. It does take some getting used to. Of course, by the time that the school year is over in six weeks, there will be even less darkness. I am told that everyone is a little loopy by that time due to lack of sleep.

The week has been going well. It is a fun week. I need to get some photos of kids working with some of the elders tomorrow. It is really cool to see how much they get into their work. If I was clever enough to figure out a way to make writing or math that exciting. I think that it can be done. I just need to get better at it.

I did find a funny little artifact in my classroom today. On a cardboard storage box, one of my students had written "Mr. Hicok is annoying." I had responded, "Yes, he is." There was is apparently a new voice in the debate now, because another student has written "No, he is the best!"with a smiley face drawn next to it. Hilarious...it is nice to have a little fan club, all the same.

The weather prospects continue to darken for our trip to the coast tomorrow. There is now a blizzard warning posted for tomorrow and tomorrow afternoon, mostly along the coast. It does not portend especially well for flying, but there is nothing to do but wait and see what actually does happen. I would like to see the kids get to go, and I have yet to see the coast, so there is a little self-interest involved. Time for dishes and packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment