Saturday, April 24, 2010

mmmm...Coffee Is Life...

...and that is why I am sitting here typing at 6:49 on a Saturday morning with sleeping dogs surrounding me, and a hot cup of coffee on the nightstand...if I had any eloquence whatever, I would write a prayer of thanks to the coffee gods. Because without coffee, life would be impossible. It is such a pleasant way to start out any day, even the bad ones. In fact, it is possible as I reflect that a cup of coffee may have been the only pleasant thing about one or two of the days in my life.

But let's not sound even remotely negative. Life is good. My baby is coming home, and I don't have to be a single guy anymore. I find that state to be vastly overrated. Some folks like it. It's just not for me, and I have had a long time in which to figure it out.

Time to get on with the day and prepare for the return of the Empress...

1 comment:

  1. You use to almost wax poetic about the wonders of being single. I'm glad the experiment in couplehood has worked out so well. I can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete