Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunshine and Lesson Plans

Monday was a day off, which gave us a nice three-day weekend. I spent the day attending to things that usually require attention, but without the pressure of working around the school day schedule. I am living Day 1 of bachelor life. The laundry is done, and the dishes are washed. "Done" with respect to laundry, by the way, means folded and put away. A debate apparently has been going on about the precise meaning of that term. I hope that this clarifies any misunderstanding that might exist.

I managed to get through lesson planning, and did some spinning on the bike, and a little weight training. It's time to get ready for the summer riding season, and I have managed to stay illness-free for an extended period of time. It felt good to get on the bike. I plan on spending a good chunk of the summer in the saddle.

Tomorrow is back to school day for all of us. My master plan is to get kids caught up on any unfinished projects, then embark on our movie-making scheme. I have sent out an email requesting help with iMovie, and I will start the kiddies on the task of brainstorming and writing a script. That will be mandatory before any shooting takes place. My expectation is that we will take up a good deal of the last four weeks of school with the enterprise. I hope that it goes well. If it does, I think that the next project could be something about village life or recorded history interviews with elders. It would be neat to see the kids respond to a tech project that stretches their boundaries. I will undoubtedly be posting on this topic in future weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment