Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back Home In PKA...

I have had many "welcome home" greetings in the past 24 hours. We are back in the village again, and it feels good. Really good. It is wonderful to be greeted with smiles and warm wishes by so many people. My students are a little more wise-assed, but they seem glad to see me, if for no other reason to give me a little teasing. It is good, and I am feeling positive about getting back into the fray in a week.

Joe hosted the first steam of the season at his house, and we had a lively time of it, with many pours and exclamations of wonderment and pain. I actually did pretty well for my first time back at it, especially considering that I really didn't get in any practice in all summer.

We have a few new members of the group this year, as some of the staff have left and gone on to other jobs elsewhere. They seem nice, and I hope that they will be a good addition to the team. There have been a few major changes, and we will see how they work out. The big district-wide inservice will start Tuesday in Bethel, and we will get to see some familiar faces and catch up on new happenings in their lives.

A whole new school year is upon us, and we will see where it leads...

No comments:

Post a Comment