Monday, August 16, 2010

Woo-Hoo!!! It's The First Day Of School!!!

Another one down...we seemed to have come through it unscathed. I have a partially new cast of characters, and a few from before. It was fine, and I think that we will all likely survive.

There was the usual confusion that attends a first day of school, but I didn't think that it was too bad. Some of the staff seem a little overwhelmed with the plethora of new initiatives that are in place, and some of the kids with behavior problems in the past had them again, but some of them seemed different, too. Maybe a little more mature, maybe a little wiser. Isn't that what we hope for from kids, after all? And there were a couple of kids that I was really glad to see back, regardless of how they acted. Because there was a time when I was afraid that I might not see them again at all. Now that is a good story for the first day of school...

No comments:

Post a Comment