Friday, August 20, 2010

Gnats...

Gnats...in a house...kind of like snakes on a plane...Lots of them. Oboy, it's gnat season again. The time up here that makes even a wimp like me start to long for cold weather. It will be time to make a gnat trap after I finish this post...damn, but I hate gnats. Their purpose on the planet is a mystery to me.

Less than 24 hrs after the last post, all of the totes showed up. Christmas in August! Now there are a big bunch of totes cluttering up the living room. Rumor has it that we are carting them over to the old B.I.A. building tomorrow. It will be nice to have the entryway back. The old table from the living room is going, too.

First week of school is over and we all appear to have survived. Only 17 weeks to go until Xmas vacation!

Not much to say about the weekend...Joe B is having a birthday tomorrow, so happy b-day to him, and I suspect a cake will be involved. Cake opportunities are always good. I believe that as a primary rule of human existence. Unfortunately, lesson plans are probably indicated as well. I think that we are going to a Saturday work plan this year, so that we can keep Sundays as personal time. Now that I think of it, I think that some of my plans for the past week were a little over-ambitious, so a lot of my plans for last week may be recyclable for this week. We shall see. Of course, I might like to expand on a few of the ones that I came up with...

Friday was pleasant, and my kiddies are coming along, although maybe a little slower than I had hoped. Still, this is a much different group than last year, and I probably should relax with them, even if I don't let them in on it. They are just kids, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment