Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Over The Hump (First Week Version)

Yay, Thursday! Only a couple of hours away. A tough day in some ways, but very rewarding. I am starting to finally feel a greater degree of confidence in my teaching abilities. Of course, I have huge amounts to learn, but I feel much more comfortable and much less defensive, and that strikes me as a necessary precedent to learning.

We have been trying (and succeeding) to be religious about our workout schedule, and I got an especially fine-feeling spinning exercise in tonight. Music and iPods-the workout fan's best friend!

Once we get to catch a breath this weekend, I want to get into my classroom and straighten out a few things. My co-teacher and I opened up a pretty good amount of room in there as compared to last year. Things have gotten a little messy with the week's comings and goings, and I want to keep it nice and un-cluttered. I also need to get some of those damnable submissions out to AKT2, so's I can keep my license when it comes up for renewal in December. Next weekend is second-year teacher in-service in Bethel, so I am going to be busy then, and the end of the month is fast approaching. I need to make twelve submissions a month to keep current with those folks.

Not so bad, really, and it's nearly time for bed. I think that sleep is going to feel especially sweet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment