Sunday, August 22, 2010

UGH...

I didn't catch the cold, it caught me. We have been doing a flirting dance for almost a week now, and I think the courtship has been consumated. One of the new kids on the block came in with one from the beginning, and it has been sneaking up on unsuspecting employees here ever since then. Tomorrow is Monday, and I don't want to start the week with the crud, but there isn't much choice in the matter. Lots of fluid and early to bed-it's the only option.


I am fervently hoping that this does not portend the return of last year's pattern-I thought that I should be building up some immunity up to this kind of thing. Time to cross my fingers...


It was a beautiful day here-the sun actually came out from behind the clouds and stayed for the day. It is 61 degrees at nearly nine o'clock at night. Time for salmon dinner. Maybe the fish will revitalize me. We hauled a mother lode of plastic totes over to the old B.I.A. building for storage. Storage is something in short supply in a 630-square foot house. It's done and the place looks less crowded-we got eight totes in the mail on Friday. One has yet to arrive-it contains my peanut butter and other important supplies.


We may have a big wing-ding this week because we reached a benchmark under NCLB, which gives us a temporary stay of execution from the Feds. Just kidding. About the execution, not the accomplishment. There may or may not be a big dinner for the community. Then again, it might be next week. It remains to be seen. Actually, there will be a big dinner, but it remains to be seen when it will happen. We will have a lot of work to do when it does. One full week and a partial one until Labor Day weekend. Moving along already...

No comments:

Post a Comment