Thursday, August 19, 2010

This Is The 490th Post on This Blog...

It is 11:01, and my wife doesn't know where our packages are...reminds me of those damn busybodies who used to say "It's 11:00 pm. Do you know where your children are?" Scolds on TV...now who would ever have thought THAT would catch on.

I am watching this right-wing xenophobia explode by the week in a country that I am not sure that I want to know anymore. Every moron with a microphone or a twitter account can start screaming about the evil Mexicans or Muslims or whatever little brown demons that they are afraid of and the papers must dutifully report it as "news." Enough to make ya puke...

Off the soapbox. It's gnat season in these here parts and they are everywhere. Biting gnats. Fun...and the skeeters were also out in force tonight. The sun came out and a bunch of us decided to take a walk in what is becoming a every-other night ritual. We have a couple of new people here who like to join us. Jan is our new dean of students, and Jim is subbing in the 5th and 6th grade. He seems pretty nice and enjoys the kids. He is a retired teacher, and it would be nice if he decided to stay around for a while, but I don't think that he finds the administration around here all that compatible. Too bad. I think that he would make a nice fit for the job. Jan seems nice, but I can't tell if she will hold out past this year's contract. It's not a knock or anything, but it is tough out here on a single person. I hope that we can hold on to our little strolling society for a while. Many of the kids in the village seem to like it when we go out walking, especially on these lovely, buggy August nights...they follow us, peppering us with questions about everything. It's sort of a rolling village press conference...a nice way to spend an evening in Napaskiak...

1 comment:

  1. I know where the boxes are now! They are empty and the cupboards are full.

    ReplyDelete