Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How Do I Love Thee?

My kidlets did six good hours out of seven today. I told them that at the end of the day, which they did not handle as well. But six good hours is...six good hours, and they need to know it. I don't know what to do with them and science. They are having a hard time with the unit, and it is an awful lot like starting them in the middle. The curriculum is set up differently, but the books didn't get ordered properly, and we started with cells. I may start them in a different direction, but they will have to come back here eventually. It's got me scratching my head.

I love my job, but some of the trappings leave something to be desired. I never have been a good one for hierarchies, and this time is no different. Self-employment has its unique pressures and deprivations, but it also provides independence, and that is nothing to sneeze at. Having said that, let me assure my blessed readers that I would change nothing about my life, regardless of the things that I may bitch about.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, and that is the hump over which I fly every week. It will be good to get over it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment