Friday, October 29, 2010

Out Early This Week

OK, this is not so literally true. We did do our obligatory Friday afternoon professional development (PD) to which I often refer in these pages. But it was neither too long nor was it too excruciating. We actually acted in a collective, cooperative method to address a necessity. Now that is the way that I like to see it done.

The best part is that, for the first time in several weeks, I have no obligations or commitments of any kind this weekend. No overnights in Bethel, no inservices to attend. Just the weekend, and a few chores around the house. It seems so unhurried and leisurely from this angle. I will eventually have lesson plans to deal with, but not right now. In fact, right now seems like the perfect time for a nap. My only disappointment stems from the fact that the store's shelves are bare of tortilla chips. Because Ms. Jessica Paris was kind enough to bring in a pair of lovely avocados with her when she arrived on Monday, and my bride makes the best guacamole on the planet. Maybe if I can find someone who is traveling this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment