Monday, October 18, 2010

Not Bad For a Monday, and Nine To Go...

The tykes were pretty good for most of the day, and Mondays after three day weekends tend to be hard on them. By the afternoon, however, they had had about all that they could stand, and started reverting to more traditonal Monday behavior. Unfortunately, that did not stand them in good stead at the end of the day, and there were some unhappy kids sitting after class...with any luck, they will recover tomorrow, and may even pick up a little sense on the way.

We got invited to a feast this evening, and all of the food was yummy, especially the moose soup and blueberry pie. The fry bread was pretty darn good, too. My bride didn't have to cook, and my dish duties are sharply curtailed tonight.

I have to do a little reading tonight, because we are apparently going to have some kind of diet contest starting next week. This is some challenge thing, so it will give us something to do during the long winter months. I guess I am going to be up for it, although one more set of rules by which I must live is not my idea of fun.

I keep feeling as if I am trying to catch a cold, but I just can't seem to get there. I don't really care, as I would rather not catch it at all, but I just have that kind of marginal, sucky feeling without the crappier symptoms of a full-blown cold. Irritating.

Oh, well, there are worse things in the world, and it was a not-too-bad Monday in the world of Mondays. Tomorrow is another day, and the weeks between now and the holidays are slipping away. Our quarter is over, and we are on to the second half of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment