Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stuck Inside of PKA, With the Bethel Blues Again...

We were going to go over to Bethel for AASG today, but that never happened. I am not exactly sure, but I get the impression that some planes were flying. Whatever the case might have been, we weren't flying, and that was the case from 1'o'clock until the end of the day. It is drizzly and misty, when it isn't rainy, and the ceilings are certainly too low for the little planes. So I get to spend the night in my cozy little hovel and sleep with my wife and my puppy dog in the bed, snoring contentedly instead of shivering on a classroom floor somewhere in Bethel. On the other hand, if we cannot get out, I am going to be stuck in an all-day webinar here. An all-day webinar, for crissakes! The worst of Power Point, and no redeeming features whatsoever. Doing one of these things for an hour is one thing. I did a class that way last spring, and it took three hours a night, once a week. Let me tell you, those were very long classes. I can't imagine whatinhell we will be doing for 7 1/2 hours.

Unfortunately, the presentation cannot be avoided, so I will either see all of it here, some of it here and some of it there, or I will have to sit through some hybridized presentation that the boss dreams up. Yay. Another training session in Everyday Math.

In other interesting news, there is an executive board meeting for the LKNEA (evil teachers' union) to which I belong. I am, in fact, a new member of the executive board, and I guess that I will pencil that meeting into the weekend of fun. 9 1/2 weeks to go til Xmas. I think, for some reason, that the time is going to be moving very quickly between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment