Sunday, September 26, 2010

And An Evening At Church To Top It Off...


We hadn't been to church since we got back, so off we went this evening...we wandered into a long Sunday night service. I actually enjoyed it-we are both thinking that we want to go more often. I kept having this thought that these are the people among whom I have chosen to live, and I want to be a part of the community in a deeper way. Father Vasily invited us to come up and do veneration of the icons, which we have hung back from doing, mostly out of a sense of shyness of some kind. We talked about it afterward, and had to laugh at the warm feeling that we both get when we go to church. I am not sure where it all goes from here, but it will be interesting.


To top it all off, we had one of those amazing harvest moons tonight. I caught it a little late, but it is the best that I could do...

No comments:

Post a Comment