Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not Bad...

An all around OK day. The kids were pretty good, and there were no major traumas. I finally am getting to the point where it feels like fun to go to work. I am not perfect, and not everything always goes according to plan, but it feels better. I feel as if I am beginning to have a slightly more intuitive feel for this group of students to the point that I can make some changes as the situation dictates. That was not often the case last year, and it has taken some time to get there, or closer to there, this year. More to come on this subject as the year progresses...

My mentor is here for two nights this time around. She will be helping our new rookie as well, so she will have two subjects with whom she can visit from now on.

There was snow in the air today, and there is some suggestion that there may be accumulation over night. Excitement is in the air, because as soon as there is snow, someone will get out a snowmachine. Once the river freezes, we will again be able to access the world of Bethel and $30 fajita dinners. Unfortunately, one of our favorite Bethel locations will be no longer, as I understand it. Shogun has been sold to new owners and its fate will remain unknown, at least for the time being. Bummer. If I had known, I would have made it a point to go there the last time that I was in town. I actually have to go back in three weeks. Maybe the Greek place will still be open...

No comments:

Post a Comment