Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Moose Soup'n'Stuff...

Tomorrow is Thursday, which means laundry. This week will probably feature two-part laundry, because my spouse doesn't get home until 4:30 or so from her little trip to Bethel. It may be time for 4-wheeler duty again...then I will have to get her travel stuff clean. Fortunately, we have the use of the laundry until 1:00 a.m. Friday, so there is lots of time for that kind of thing.

I went to Eric's house for a swinging bachelor evening. Both of our wives are traveling, so he took the rest of the moose meat that they had and made another batch of soup. He also invited our brand new teacher, Sean, who replaced Jim in the junior high. A nice evening of goofy conversation and not a few laughs ensued. And the moose soup was pretty darned good. I think that Mrs. Jung trained up her boy to fend for himself in the kitchen.

I hooked up the new TV and DVD player last night and watched a little bit of Seven Samurai, just to see how it all works. Pretty nice, thank you for asking. It will be nice to watch movies on something bigger than a computer screen. Now we will see about the possibilities for football viewing...stay tuned for further news on this front. I was actually going to make the pilgrimage to put the question to the authority in question tonight, but the boss had a question, and I had some quick union business to take care of, and frankly I forgot after that. Kind of felt a bit foolish, because I stood up the teacher with whom I was going to make the pilgrimage in question, but she seemed to forgive me after a little well-deserved teasing.

On to such of the weekend as we can salvage from professional development activities-the district has its hooks in me this time. Lots more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment