Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Substitute NYO Coach...

And boy, am I underqualified! Mostly, I just kept asking them if they weren't supposed to be practicing something. Their real coach was busy filling out paperwork for the Rose Urban-Rural exchange program. She and her husband have acted as host families in the past, and apparently are going to do it again this year. The reps from the program were out here to visit, and we will be exchanging this year again with Ben Eielson High School in Fairbanks. We had an entertaining group here last year, and there will be more visitors in November.

My wife is off steaming with the girls, which leaves me here with the dogs. Fortunately, they are behaving well-sleeping, mostly. Not much else is going on. It is pretty much another week during the school year. No special events that I can think of. We will be a day short this week because of, you guessed it, yet another inservice. Nothing like sitting in day-long meetings for two weeks in a row. We get to do it again in another two weeks from Friday. I would say, "enough, already," but the district is not likely to listen to me all that closely. Funny how that works.

It was a pretty good day, and I hope that tomorrow is another. Not much better that you can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment