Friday, September 24, 2010

That'll Teach Me To Go To Bed Early...

Up at 1:30, just goofing around writing emails to friends, listening to various world music stations on iTunes. I was kind of disappointed that the Khmer music station didn't connect, but now I have on what I think is a Turkish dance beat station...interesting!

It has been an interesting kind of week as well, and it is nearly at an end. I am trying to figure out what to do about my math class. We have a program called Everyday Math that has pretty scripted lessons. My kids seem to be struggling with some concepts that the program assumes that they will already possess. I am not sure how to address this one...the program is supposed to build on itself from kindergarten up. My kids are in 5th grade, but I see them struggling with calculations that the practice exercises include that are not even part of the main lesson. We will see where this leads. It has been suggested that it might have been better if the program had been implemented gradually from the bottom up rather than all at once, but that is the way that it is.

My sweetie is back from her trip over to Bethel, and the two days of student leadership meetings there. There will be a gathering next month for the student governments from around the state, and I think that I might like to go as a chaperone. I have been dropping hints, but someone is not quite picking up on them. Maybe less subtlety is required.

We have our monthly Friday-Saturday professional derangement ordeal coming up this weekend-o joy! Two days of meetings!!!! How fun. Then we have another day-long inservice coming up next Friday. Hope this one is as immensely valuable as the last one. It is good to learn new things, that's for sure...I think that this weekend is going to be a busy one...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment