Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Surprises From Old Friends

I was very pleased to hear from my old friend Steve Cohen this evening. We went to law school together sometime in the Late Cretaceous period, and are most likely best thought of as a couple of old fossils who were frustrated comics. Well, I might have been more frustrated than he was.

We blabbed on about this, that, etc...and I got to hear him talk with pride about his kids and the law firm that he has helped to build. It was nice to catch up, and I hope that I might have another reader of this blog from time to time.

Kiddies were ok early, and fractious late. It is hard to get them to work together well in the afternoon, and I find myself losing patience too much. I may be trying for some kind of internalized concept of the perfect classroom in a world of real kids. Maybe I need to lighten up a little bit, even if only inside my head. The positive stuff worked well last week and has not gone so well since. I just get pissed off too quickly. They are just kids, and they are going to have goofy days. I could wish for a few less of them, but them's the breaks...

I am abandoned by fate and the necessities of student leadership conferences in Bethel. My bride has flown across the mighty water for a couple of days. There will likely be more of this this year than there was last. For someone who spent as much time alone as I did for the past fifteen years, I don't seem to be all that fond of it. It will be over on Thursday, but I will probably be in a light sulk until then.

Tomorrow is hump day for the week, although any week that requires PD on Saturday has a different hump than Wednesday in reality. I am going to hide my head in the sand and pretend anyway. And for now, I think that I will amuse myself with a little dishwashing and electronic media assembly work. Good night, Napas...

No comments:

Post a Comment